ROLE: The Construction Administrator will work with ACI’s Contract Administrators, Project Managers and our Consultant teams to prepare and issue contract documentation, project changes, and close-out documentation during the Construction Period for our projects.
• Bachelor Degree, or Diploma in Architectural or Construction Technology, or related field is an asset.
• Proficiency with office equipment and technology including computer software: MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Microsoft Teams, Word and Excel, Adobe Acrobat and Bluebeam
• Candidates with experience in Contract Administration or Document Control in the Architectural field will be strongly considered.
• Works primarily in the office with Project Architects, Project Managers and Principals.
• Coordinates and administers tender documents, including working with and providing assistance to the Project Manager, and coordination with Principals and consultants for preparation of Professional Schedules, and Specifications.
• Assists in production of Addendum and tender correspondence.
• Meeting attendance, and recording Meeting Minutes.
• Distribution and assistance with production of Construction Administration documentation including: Meeting Minutes, CCN’s/NOC’s, Change Orders, Site Instructions, and Close Out documentation.
• Electronic filing and document control for project correspondence, shop drawings, submittals, and Operations and Maintenance(O&M) Manuals.
• Ongoing updates of project Change Order Summaries.
• Coordination and assignment of Shop drawing and submittal reviews with Project Manager and consultants.
• Preparation of Certificates of Payments, review of Progress Claims and related documents from Contractors (assist the Project Manager with preparation of documentation).
• Assist Technologists with documentation review.
• Adhere to ACI documentation and filing standards.
ROLE: Individuals will work under the supervision of a registered architect and will assist in the development of the design and coordination of architectural projects at various stages of development. Participation in meetings with clients and contractors, preparation of presentations, and attendance on projects should be expected.
• Masters of Architecture Degree from an accredited program in Canada and/or have received certification from the Canadian Architectural Certification Board and are eligible to work in Canada.
Your skills should also include the following:
• A strong knowledge of architectural design principles and practices.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Exceptional design, graphic representation skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively.
• Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• You have a positive attitude and are proactive with an ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced team environment.
• Assist in creating architectural designs and drawings, including floor plans, elevations, sections, and details.
• Participate in the preparation of construction documents, such as specifications, schedules, and material selections.
• Work with the project team to ensure that all aspects of the design are in compliance with building codes, zoning regulations, and other requirements.
• Attend meetings with clients, contractors, and other stakeholders to discuss project progress and coordinate design efforts.
• Assist in the preparation of presentations and proposals for new projects using various software programs such as AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Revit to create 3D models, renderings, and animations.
• Learn from experienced architects and other professionals in the field to develop your skills and knowledge of the profession.